DIRECTOR OF RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING?(Downloadable Word Document)
TITLE:????????????? Director of Resource Development and Marketing
REPORT TO:??????????????? Executive Director
Responsible for providing strong, innovative and collaborative leadership in developing and maintaining financial resources, including the annual campaign and specific development programs. Serves as the lead staff for several teams, including, but not limited to Campaign and Kick-Off Committees.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs volunteer leadership, cultivation, recruitment and training, especially in working with the Campaign Committee, Company Coordinators, and the Marketing Team.
- Establishes policies, procedures, direction and strategies of the total Campaign effort.
- Manages the organization and preparation of reports and other material designed to interpret and recommend campaign programs and procedures to volunteers and staff.
- Analyzes markets to identify areas of opportunity and community potential.
- Represents the United Way of Greater Oswego County at various community events and national United Way meetings and as required, speaks on behalf of the United Way of Greater Oswego County.
- Coordinates special events and specific fundraising efforts, which provide United Way of Greater Oswego County with increased visibility in the community.
- Assists with the completion of special assignments and projects as assigned.
- Directs a marketing program which includes market research design and implementation of a short-term and a long-term marketing plan.
- Directs planning and coordination of general and specific communications programs and develops a year-round communications plan.
- Directs the communications strategies for a community-wide fundraising program, including development and implementation of strategies and goals for identifying, soliciting and cultivation long-term relationships with United Way of Greater Oswego County?s stakeholders.
- Identifies new markets and develops strategies for penetrating various fundraising markets.
- Coordinates development of print material with graphic artist/printer.
- Coordinates special events and specific fundraising efforts which provide United Way of Greater Oswego County with increased visibility in the community.
Qualifications / Requirement:
Experience in fundraising, sales or customer service.? Experience working in a non-profit environment.? Excellent oral and written communications skills are a must.? Strong time/project management and people skills required.? Must have basic understanding of a personal computer and related application software, such as Word & Microsoft Excel, as well as knowledge of PC networks and related software.? College degree preferred.
In addition, all United Way employees are expected to promote teamwork and an atmosphere of cooperation and support.
The statements contained in this position description are intended to describe the general routine and level of work of the position of Director of Resource Development and Marketing.? They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required by the position.? All United Way employees will be expected to perform other duties as assigned.