School Districts to Distribute School Supplies
Fulton, NY ? Oswego County students in need of school supplies will find it easier to get ready for school thanks to the United Way of Greater Oswego County Stuff-A-Bus campaign.
The Stuff-A-Bus campaign, which is currently underway, was initiated to collect school supplies so that children in need throughout Oswego County would have the supplies they need to begin the new school year. The United Way is soliciting area businesses and individuals and have arranged for eight buses to be located throughout Oswego County where people will be able to donate school supplies.
On August 18 school buses will be located at the following sites from 8:30 a.m. ? 3:00 p.m. to accept donations of school supplies from pens and pencils to notebooks and backpacks.
- Wal-Mart on Route 49 in Central Square
- Wal-Mart on Route 104 in Oswego
- Wal-Mart on Route 3 in Fulton
- Kinney Drugs at 3318 Main Street in Mexico
- Kinney Drugs at 3873 Rome Road in Pulaski
- Kinney Drugs at 17 South 1st Street in Fulton
- Tops Friendly Market, Route 3 in Hannibal
- Fulton Savings Bank Plaza, Route 57 in Phoenix
- NBT Bank, 161 State Route 104 in Oswego
?We have received tremendous community support over the years are looking forward to seeing another positive response to our Stuff-A-Bus campaign,” said United Way Executive Director Patrick Dewine. ?The generous donations we receive help to ensure that less fortunate children in Oswego County have the supplies they need to successfully begin the new school year.?
Staff members and volunteers from all Oswego County nine school districts and volunteers from the United Way of Greater Oswego County will sort the collected supplies with a portion going to each of the school districts in Oswego County.
Volunteers will then be distributing the school supplies throughout Oswego County as follows:
- APW ? August 22 from 9:00 ? 11:00 a.m. at the APW Bus Garage
- Central Square – August 22 from 9:00 a.m. ?12:00 Noon at the Paul V. Moore High School Cafeteria
- Fulton – August 22 from 9:00 a.m. ? 12:00 Noon at Fairgrieve Elementary School
- Hannibal ? August 22 from 1:00 ? 3:00 p.m. at Kenny Elementary School
- Oswego ? August 22 from 9:00 a.m. ? 12:00 Noon at Fitzhugh Park School
- Pulaski ? August 22 from 1:00 p.m. ? 3:00 p.m. at the Pulaski High School Gym Lobby
- Sandy Creek ? August 21 from 6:00 ? 7:30 p.m. at the Sandy Creek Elementary School Cafeteria
- Phoenix ? August 22 from 5:00 p.m. ? 8:00 p.m. at Maroun Elementary School
- Mexico ? August 22 from 8:00 a.m. ? 12:00 Noon in the Mexico Middle School Gym
Families are urged to attend the distribution in their school district only. A copy of the students 2016-2017 report card is required for participate.
School supplies will be available for those who would find it challenging to purchase the supplies that their child need for school. Volunteers will be on hand to assist and guide the children and to make sure that they get the supplies they really need.
For more information on the Stuff-A-Bus campaign contact your United Way office at 315-593-1900.
Cut line for photo: Patrick Dewine, executive director, United Way of Greater Oswego County and Laurie Kelly (l), co-chairpersons, for United Way?s Stuff-A-Bus campaign, deliver a school supply drop box to Jodi Crouse (r), branch manager, NBT Bank?s Oswego east side location. Now through August 17 NBT?s Oswego east side branch will serve as an official collection site for United Way?s Stuff-A-Bus campaign that collects school supplies for children in need throughout Oswego County. Additionally, Crouse is presenting Kelly with a check representing money raised for Stuff-A-Bus through donations for employee casual days.