United Way Stuff-a-Bus Campaign Underway
Oswego, NY ? With the new school year fast approaching United Way of Greater Oswego County is gearing up for its Annual Stuff-a-Bus campaign.? Each year United Way, in collaboration with area businesses, members of the Oswego County Teachers Association (OCTA), the Civil Service Employees Associations (CSEA) school districts throughout Oswego County and other organizations, the Stuff-A-Bus campaign collects donations of school supplies for distribution to less fortunate students throughout Oswego County.
On August 19th from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. school buses will be at the following sites to accept donations of school supplies from pens and pencils to notebooks and backpacks:
- Wal-Mart on Route 49 in Central Square
- Wal-Mart on Route 104 in Oswego
- Wal-Mart on Route 3 in Granby
- Kinney Drugs at 3318 Main Street in Mexico
- Kinney Drugs at 3873 Rome Road in Pulaski
- Kinney Drugs at 17 South 1st Street in Fulton
- The Hannibal Village Market IGA, Route 3 in Hannibal
- Fulton Savings Bank parking lot, Three Rivers Plaza, Route 57 in Phoenix
The United Way?s Stuff-A-Bus campaign helps to provide area youths in need with the school supplies they need to begin the school year.
?The donations we received during last year?s Stuff-A-Bus campaign allowed us to serve 1700 families throughout Oswego County.? This year we have expanded the scope of the Stuff-A-Bus campaign in hopes that we will be able to serve even more Oswego County students,? said Patrick Dewine, executive director of United Way of Greater Oswego County.? ?We have over 30 businesses and organizations that have joined our campaign and are hosting their own school supply collections and expanded the opportunity for community members to support the campaign by purchasing $1.00 Paper Buses at a Key Bank and Pathfinder Bank locations throughout Oswego County.? All proceeds from the Paper Buses will go towards the purchase of additional school supplies such as backpacks and calculators.?
Volunteers from OCTA and CSEA will distribute the school supplies to each Oswego County school district.? Parents will be able to pick up the school supplies at the following times and location.? Parents much bring their child?s with them to the distribution.
- APW ? August 21, 9:00 ? 11:00 a.m. at the APW Bus Garage
- Central Square ? August 21, 9:00 a.m. ? 3:00 p.m. at the Central Square Ed. Center
- Fulton ? August 21, 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. at Fairgrieve Elementary
- Hannibal ? August 21, 1:00 ? 3:00 p.m. at Kenny Middle School
- Mexico ? August 21, 8:00 a.m. ? 12:00 p.m. at Mexico Elementary
- Oswego ? August 21, 9:00 a.m. ? 3:00 p.m. in the Kingsford Park Cafeteria
- Phoenix ? August 21, 9:00 a.m. ? 12:00 p.m. at Maroun Elementary School
- Pulaski ? August 21, 1:00 ? 3:00 p.m. at Laura M. Sharp Elementary
- Sandy Creek ? August 20, 6:00 ? 7:30 p.m. in the Sandy Creek Elementary Cafeteria
For more information on the Stuff-A-Bus campaign contact Patrick Dewine at 315-593-1900 ext. 201 or visit oswegounitedway.org.
Cut line for photo: Executive Director of United Way of Greater Oswego County Patrick Dewine delivers collection bins and posters for the annual Stuff-A-Bus campaign to Stephanie Hoxie of the Oswego County Department of Social Services (DSS).? The Stuff-A-Bus Campaign collects much-needed school supplies for distribution to less fortunate students throughout Oswego County.? The countywide collection day for this year?s campaign will be August 19 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. with collection buses at various sites throughout Oswego County. ?For more information contact your United Way office at 315-593-1900 ext. 201 or visit oswegounitedway.org.